Tuesday 1 September 2009

Second day at work

I'm on my second day at work. The person that I will be mainly working with is a local SEN Coordinator who should be in post by the end of September, so up till then I will be talking, observing, visiting schools and trying to get an overall picture of the current position: a baseline. Then if I do a project I will be able to measure if it has had any output, outcome and impact. We have already had a power cut this morning, but apparently they only last for half an hour or an hour.
My morning routine is shaping up: I managed to cycle to work with no punctures, it is about a mile and a half, then a swim in the pool at the posh hotel, there is another lady who swims early every day, so I have a little chat to her, get into work just before eight. Having the bike will be worthwhile because it is so hot later in the day. At least the bike gets you there quickly without having the heat reflecting up at you from the road. I hunted round to find a shop to buy a spanner after work yesterday, and got quite lost, but got an adjustable one eventually, only to find when I got home that it was useless. So I will go down to the best hardware shop in town at lunchtime. Hopefully it won't rain. Yesterday we had very heavy rain for about half an hour. At least it cools things down a bit. I finish work at 4.30, and as the shops can shut at 5pm, it can be difficult to get things. I have to be very focussed and know exactly where to go and my route.
Cheers
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment